Monday, March 23, 2015

Federalist Public House & Beer Garden



This weekend, I finally found the Federalist Public House & Beer Garden. I'd heard it was near 20th and N streets in Midtown, but driving down N, I never saw it. When I checked the restaurant's address, however, I discovered that it was on Matsui Alley, which is located between N Street and Capitol Avenue. So my husband Phil and I headed over for lunch.


The restaurant is a converted shipping container, with long tables and benches for drinkers and diners, and a bocce ball court for those who want a little fun with their food. The Sac Brew Bike was parked outside, waiting to pick up a party of pub hoppers.


We ordered at the counter. There is only one vegan item on the menu, but I always appreciate restaurants that actually create dishes for their vegan diners and identify them as such on their menus. The pizza I ordered was the Midtown, described as "for our neighborhood vegans, crushed san marzano tomatoes, peppers, onions, chili, lacinato kale, extra-virgin olive oil." Pretty healthy looking pizza, if you ask me, and tasty too!




Federalist Public House & Beer Garden is located at 2009 Matsui Alley, between N Street and Capitol Avenue, and between 20th and 21st, and their phone number is 916-661-6134. Their website address is http://federalistpublichouse.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/federalistpublichouse. The restaurant is open Sunday through Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to midnight.



No comments: