Monday, January 26, 2015

Farmer's Kitchen Cafe

I was shopping for gifts last week at The Artery, an artists' collaborative in Davis. It's full of lovely things, and I had fun looking around. Afterwards, I went searching for a place to eat with vegan options and came across the Farmer's Kitchen Cafe, a small restaurant and natural food store.


The menu changes daily, but I was told there's usually (but not always) something vegan available. The day I was there, both the soup and the salad were vegan, so that's what I ordered. The soup was Curried Carrot Soup with Coconut Milk. It was very spicy, but quite tasty.




The salad was the Bioregional Salad, which was chock full of seasonal, organic, and locally-grown produce. It was so much fun to eat, since there were so many different fruits and vegetables in it that I never knew what the next bite would bring. Beets, oranges, carrots, grapefruit, strawberries, lettuce mix, kiwi -- I can't even remember everything that was in this salad. It was wonderful, and I would definitely order it again.




Farmer's Kitchen Cafe is located at 624 Fourth Street in Davis, and their phone number is 530-756-1862. Their website address is http://www.farmerskitchencafe.com/#, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farmers-Kitchen-Cafe/179033945469117. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from noon to 7:00 p.m.



No comments: